Sunday, January 19, 2014

Good Morning

Actually, it's past noon. Mornings are for sleeping.  Nighttime is for peeing, and peeing and peeing.  That's the way it works with Dr. Burt's cytoxan chemo protocol.  He's washing a lot of fluids through me along with several protective drugs to reduce negative side-effects of the chemo.  I get acid reflux, headache, and it feels like I'm being kicked in the gut sometimes, but it is manageable. I'm to eat three small meals a day, but it's not easy and I'm losing weight.

I'm showering on my own each morning with a high-level antibacterial soap, as best I can with my continued leg spasticity. A nurse helps me wrap my picc line to keep it dry. And she helps me dry off and get dressed. I'm as weak as a cub.

I asked Dr. Burt what he thought of the similar treatments going on in Ottawa. He said he disagrees with the higher-level chemo toxicity that their protocol uses.  Egad, I'd hate to be those people.


No comments:

Post a Comment