Thursday, January 30, 2014

A different MS Clinical Trial -Hope for secondary progressives?

This post has nothing to do with HSCT or what I have just done to stop my aggressive relapsing remitting MS.

Except that when I was reading about the recent Vatican Stem Cell Conference where Dr. Burt spoke, I thought the CEO of Opexa had some interesting things to say about cellular-level therapies. I looked up the company and found that they are now  recruiting secondary progressive patients for a drug trial. Something interesting is going on. There are very few drugs that can help secondary progressive patients. This could change that.

Details of trial locations and basic qualifications here.
http://www.opexatherapeutics.com/clinical-trials/abili-t-clinical-study-for-secondary-progressive-multiple-sclerosis-overview/default.aspx

This trial has been given FDA Fast Track Status.  Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment