Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Countdown to Stemcells

Premeds at 9:30. Stemcells at 10. This is it, what I have been working for.

Sitting here with no immune system, pumped full of antibiotics and antivirals. Guts churning. I have not eaten in 48 hours. Not much sleep the past few days. Crippling MS leg spasticity comes and goes, but that's not unusual for me since my recent MS attack in June.  I can get out of bed on my own most of the time to get to the bathroom, or a chair. I do a few careful leg exercises. It's minimal maintenance activity to stay functional, while being careful not to fall.

Lots of thoughts of insight and delusion in these sleepless hours. Probably none fit to write here. Suffice to say: new immune system, recovery, and new life to contemplate.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you as we catch up on your blog. Obviously the chemo is not dulling your wit. Or maybe it's enhancing it?

    ReplyDelete