Friday, December 20, 2013

Three Friends

Dear Doug, Sylvia and Tony: Despite your contentions that I don't ask for help, you came to Chicago and shepherded me through some difficult medical moments. The ugliness included a cytoxan chemo infusion, another crippling MS attack, and several exotic drug injections.

Now, the worst of my latest MS attack seems to have passed and today's blood test showed all is well on cell counts. Just a few more injections until my stem cells are ready to be harvested on Monday. Then phase 1 of stopping my MS will be complete!

Thank you for remaining calm, attentive caregivers and companions during moments where others might have freaked out or overreacted to the detriment of my quest to see this through. You made my situation better, not worse.
Best,
Wayne

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Wayne!!! Glad to hear the cell counts are normal. That's great news. Talk atcha soon and fingers crossed for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have friends like that in your life, Wayne! Feel blessed and that you are supported throughout this journey by all!
    Cheryl Bowman

    ReplyDelete