Friday, February 14, 2014

WBC = Happy Valentines Day

Now that I'm home, weekly blood tests monitor my cell counts to make sure recovery is staying on track.  I'm pleased to say so far, so good. White blood cell count (WBC), in particular, is in the "normal" range. I'm getting out in public more, and am thinking about going into the office next week.  They have much work for me, I miss the gang, and it's time to get my bank account moving in a positive direction again.

I still have a few restrictions:  I must  avoid sick people, sushi, Chinese buffets, salad bars, gardening, plant potting, moldy basements or fraternizing with feral animals. Sadly, the animal restriction includes my mother's indoor-outdoor cats.  Though she keeps her house very clean, there is just too much risk from whatever a cat might drag in from the wild. My immune system is still redeveloping, so a cat scratch, weird raccoon infection (or who knows what) could set me back.  I will try to visit mom and dad half-way at a non-cat location soon.

Here's a quirky photo of white blood cells for Valentine's Day.







No comments:

Post a Comment